Here we are, it is now December 31, 2014, and the end to another year! We now find ourselves reflecting back over the past 12-months and looking ahead to next year.
It’s Really Just Time to Reflect on the Journey
I have personally taken this day to reflect on what a Journey this has been, not just over the past year, but my journey of discovery, achieving many milestones and continuously setting higher ones all along the way…over the past four years.
Today is actually a significant day for me as it was just four years ago that marked the end of my 24 year corporate career and the beginning of my full-time Entrepreneurial journey.
These past four years has led to me some insights that have allowed me to grow, expand my vision and become someone I was not…just a few years ago in 2009.
The Top 18 Things I Learned Since Leaving Corporate America
- You cannot lead the way without doing something Yourself.
- I have observed that the Economy has not gotten any better…even more people today are struggling to just simply pay their bills and get out of debt.
- I learned that people who have personal and work related financial challenges are curling up and becoming a modern day slave.
- I have learned to look for people who have the courage and will to commit to a better Life.
- I learned that to be a Leader I must become very clear with my WHY to inspire others to move.
- I also learned as a Leader and observer that the world is very noisy with motivation and very quiet with inspiration.
- Leaders need to surround themselves with inspiring, like-minded and empowering people.
- I learned that I do not know everything and to be an effective Leader we need to be in continuous pursuit of the best knowledge and become a consistent learner. It is the only thing that keeps a person ahead of the pack and out of the noise.
- People do not care what you knowâ€¦until they know they how much you care. It is always about how you left them feeling.
- I observed that some people think I am crazy and I learned how not to respond to their opinion because their opinion is none of my business.
- I learned that even though I thought I was “good” I am now leaning into the challenge and moving towards Great.
- I learned that my 24 years in the corporate world stunted my personal growth and the ability to Think, Dream and Experience this ever changing world of opportunity.
- I learned how to teach people from the heart and not the head.
- I learned how to have fun, enjoy the adventure and to laugh a lot.
- I learned that working hard does not keep you from having fun, enjoying the adventures and laughing a lot.
- I learned that there is a big difference between being interested and being committed.
- I learned that writing down my goals does not just create the road map to my success it increases the likelihood of achieving it.
- I have learned that if all of the above are true, I need to become a Leader and Lead the Charge to become an Example of what is Truly Possible for EveryBody.
Today, on this New Years Eve, I encourage you to also take this time to look within yourself and ask if you are on your own Journey and what you are learning. I have found my WHY and it is very clear….it’s NOW time you discover Yours!